Wednesday 20 September 2017

I left Hearts for Kotoko because of money - Charles Taylor


Fourteen years after leaving Accra Hearts of Oak for Kumasi Asante Kotoko, ace midfielder Charles Taylor has disclosed why he made the switch.

According to him, he was motivated by financial rewards to move to Kotoko.

Charles Taylor became the subject of a long transfer saga in 2003 after he decided join the Porcupine Warriors.

READ ALSO:   Shatta Wale throws fire into "Lil Win's" eyes over “One Corner” song (Video)

With the Phobians unwilling to sell their talisman who had helped them win many trophies, Kotoko had to cough GH₵ 40,000, a then-record fee to sign him.


The move proved to be worthwhile as he helped Kotoko win the 2003 league title, their first in 10 years.

But it did not go down well with Hearts fans his transfer to their bitter rivals as a betrayal.

Explaining his decision in an interview on Asempa FM, Taylor stated that he was fed up with the many broken promises of financial rewards from the Hearts management and had choose a better option.

READ ALSO:  (VIDEO) Why Nana Ama McBrown’s marriage will collapse - Lutterodt

“Hearts of oak helped me shoot to fame, but I gained all the wealth I have now when I played in Kumasi for Kotoko.


“I never touched my salaries while I was playing for Kotoko. The people of Kumasi took very good care of me than when I was in Accra and I still do get a lot of help from the Kotoko fraternity”, he disclosed.

For him, Kotoko is the better of the two clubs because unlike Hearts which never fulfilled its promises, Kotoko made him rich.

I left Hearts for Kotoko because of money - Charles Taylor Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: A