Sunday 27 August 2017

I almost died defending Okyeame Kwame – Okyeame Quophi


Former member of music group Akyeame, has disclosed that he almost lost his life years ago defending his friend Okyeame Kwame.


According to Okyeame Quophi, his friendship with Kwame goes beyond ordinary and he is even ready to take bullet just to save his friends' life.

Speaking to Lexis Bill on Personality Profile on Joy FM, the one-time hit musician said he was seriously stabbed in the neck because he stood for their friendship.

Narrating the incidents, the rapper turned radio personality stated that Okyeame Kwame had borrowed a book from another friend but had fail to return it.

The friend, who had failed all attempts in retrieving the book, then accosted two of them openly and decided to attack Okyeame Kwame.

“He knew I would definitely defend Kwame. As soon as I opened my mouth, he stabbed me in the neck with a shoemaker’s needle. I had to undergo surgery before I could pull out the needle”, he said.

Okyeame Quophi added that his friendship with Kwame is more than a brotherly one and would go beyond that if necessary.

The music duo Akyeame, hit the Ghanaian music scene in 1999 and released some hit tracks including ‘Mesan Aba’ featuring Yoggi Doggi and Nana Quame.

They went on to record the ‘Nyansapo’, ‘Ntoaso’ and ‘Apam Foforo’ albums before splitting in 2004.

Quophi insisted that he was completely thrown into tears after his friend Okyeame Kwame, broke away to start solo career.

He said he was shattered and couldn’t believe the development since he was contributing immensely to the success of the group.

“I was actually in bed with Kwame even up to the last minute when his single was released, I knew nothing about it.”

He added that Okyeame Kwame came to Accra to record a single under the pretext of recording for his brothers when they were in United States.


I almost died defending Okyeame Kwame – Okyeame Quophi Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: A